Monday, September 28, 2009

Death of a Psychopath


As I walked out the door dragging the dead corpse of my wife, I realized there was a cop across the street. He looked at me and saw what I was doing. Like any good officer of the law, he walked over and told me to put my hands on my head. At a loss at what to do, I put my hands on my feat. This got blood on my shoes. I think he admired my flexibility, as he had lost this ability long ago. His stomach was far too large.

He lost the musculature of his youth in a way that was totally different from other police officers. He normally worked out everyday and ate right because he knew he needed to be in top shape in order catch the bad guys and get promoted to a position of authority so he could boss people around. However one day he looked over at his supervisor and realized something. He saw the dead weight in that man's eyes, hunched over at a desk. The power and ego trips that the supervisor had once revealed in had now lost their effect. The man was bored and he felt no better than a rookie cop going through the practical jokes of the other officers. Realizing that he was headed to the same fate, the officer had decided then and there to stop trying. There was no point to getting ahead, the miserable life of a police officer just continued. So he stopped working out everyday and stopped eating right. And for this reason he marveled at my ability to touch my feet with my blood stained hands.

Then he shot me, just for the heck of it. The miserable life of a police officer just goes on and on. No point in wrestling a homicidal maniac to the ground for nothing. Its a good thing he shot me too, because I did still have the knife in my pocket.

After I died I saw a total blackness in front of me. Then a light. I wondered which of the religion's afterlives would turn out to be the true one. In front of me I saw a man in a three piece suit. I asked if I would be taken to hell for the things I had done. He said "No... there is no 'hell' and there is no 'heaven'. At least I don't think so anyway. I'm Gihfwodothitch, but you can call me Hitch for short. Anyway here's how this works: You just finished your third life before game over. You, or should I say rather, your will, chose to spend this life murdering one wife after another. This was interesting considering you spent your last life helping the poor in India and running for political office in France in the one before that. Anyway you get to review any scenes from your life you want to look back on. After that you will get to pick the location of your next birth as well as your income bracket. Any questions?"

"None"

No comments: